Monday, September 23, 2013

Stale Bread = Decadent Bread Pudding

I absolutely LOVE  LOVE bread pudding. My first experience with bread pudding was introduced by my husband. He insisted it was the best dessert everrrr. I fell in love with Ruggles White Chocolate Bread Pudding. OMG I had foodgasm in my mouth.

While making my bread pudding I had Ruggles' Bread Pudding in the back of my head.

My recipe came from All Recipes with some little tweaks:

INGREDIENTS

Original recipe makes 1 - 8 inch square pan
  •  6 slices day-old bread
  •  2 tablespoons butter, melted
  •  1/2 cup raisins (optional)
  •  4 eggs, beaten
  •  2 cups milk
  •  3/4 cup white sugar 
  •  1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  •  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
I used about 7 rolls of stale Hawaiian bread, I used less sugar, ran out of vanilla extract so I used maple extract and a tad bit of almond extract and sprinkled white chocolate morsels. 


DIRECTIONS

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins. I didn't have any raisins on hand. 

3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.


4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.


.
Last minute I decided to crumble a mixture of brown sugar, butter, and almonds on top since I used some almond extract then I baked.


Ta Da! 
Divine and Decadent
The almonds gave it a special light crunch. My dad had 2 servings because it was so good.



Happy Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment