Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wedding Guest Fashion Sense

I love weddings. I love the flowers, the decor, the bride's wedding dress, the bridesmaids' dresses, the tuxedos...it's all beautifully thought out and perfected together just like the couple confessing their love to one another. When you are a guest to a wedding, sometimes it can be difficult to decide what to wear.

My Don'ts and Uh...can you say inappropriate? 
Hoochie Wear - a dress two sizes too small, cleavage in your face, and too short - higher than mid thigh and if you bend over I can see your a$$. Sorry ladies, leave this dress for the club. It's probably better if you wear some black slacks and a really nice blouse.

Jeans - why on earth do people think it's okay to wear jeans? You wear jeans everyday as your casual attire, so HELLO isn't a wedding considered super formal? I had a couple of people wear jeans to my wedding including a cousin. If only you could see the look on my face.

White/Ivory - do I even need to explain why? The bride wears white/ivory and she should be the ONLY person because it's HER wedding not yours.


Day and Evening Weddings
This past weekend I had the lovely honor to attend two weddings. One was a brunch wedding and another was in the evening.

Day ~ Classy Coral 

Coral A-line Cutout Dress, Blazer, and Necklace, Forever21  |  Olsenboye Heels (old), JCPenney
 Lace Clutch (old), Marshalls  |  Double Link Chain Stretch Belt, Agaci

My heels are adorably cute, surprisingly comfortable and my fav of all affordable!Not sure if you noticed, but I'm wearing panty hose. Yea who wears panty hose nowadays, well I had an allergic reaction to penicillin and these red itchy spots were all over my legs. Horrible timing.

You can't see my belt on my dress, but it gave the dress some personality.

I have to admit my dress was RIDICULOUSLY inexpensive (frugal fashionista), but you wouldn't know because I accessorized it up. I love love the coral pink. I HEART Forever21. You can get so much for so little. Yea, the quality might not be as great as a $100 dress but how many times will you be wearing that $100 dress?

With a solid colored dress I can have fun with accessories and layering pieces for different looks.

 



Husband ~ Striking Suit
Unfortunately, menswear isn't as inexpensive as us ladies. 
Loving the tailored grey suit and the patterned socks are sexy.


Suit, Light Blue Dress Shirt, Tie, Socks, Express  |   Hugo Boss Lace-Up Dress Shoes, Macys


Evening ~ Wanderlust Watercolor 
Dress, Necklace, Heels, Forever 21 

I didn't have a great picture of myself and the model did the dress better justice. Now the slight negative thing about Forever 21 dresses is everyone shops there. The worst thing that can happen at a wedding is you might see someone wearing the same dress as you AND damn it happened to me! 

My girls were with me so I was running after them constantly and I had to walk by this girl all night! Thank goodness for my oh so comfortable heels. AND to make matters worse, she was in the ladies room when I walked in. I HAD to say something to make it less awkward so I went with, "I like your dress." Still AWKWARDDD!


The Girls - Blushes and Blue
Dresses, Macys and Palais Royal  |  Ivory Rose Headbands, Old Navy


Twas a beautiful day and night of weddings and it's always fun dressing up!



No comments:

Post a Comment